Job Title: Driller
Reports to: Foreman/General Foreman
Employee Type: non-exempt
Job Summary: The Driller’s primary responsibility is to safely operate drills in core drilling operations. The Driller is responsible for compliance with all safety and other requirements of the Company and the Client. The Driller will report to the General Foreman.
- Operate the drill in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform pre-shift inspections
- Set drill on location at correct angle and azimuth
- Operation of various types of drills in a variety of rock formations under various circumstances encountered
- Operate down-hole surveying equipment
- Maintain and repair equipment including drill, generators, pumps, and vehicles.
- Train new employees on safe work procedures and proper use of equipment and tools.
- Make recommendations in the areas of safety, production, and efficiency
- Timely and accurately prepare shift reports, driver’s logs and other paper work as necessary.
- Oversee Drill Helpers and other personnel on the drill
- Report and provide updates to Foreman on drilling status
- Process supply requests
Education and Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three year experience preferred
- Previous MSHA and First Aid training is preferred
- Class A or Class B, CDL license within 6 months of hire date
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have prior experience as driller on a variety of drilling rigs
- Must have good communication and work well in a team environment
- Must be willing and able to perform physically strenuous work in all weather condition
- Must have prior experience leading a rig crew, including providing hands-on training and development, managing performance issues and providing daily direction and supervision
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools of controls, twist or reach to accomplish repairs, and talk or hear in a possibly noisy environment. The employee may be required to occasionally help to lift 75+ pounds. Additional Information: A typical Driller’s work schedule is 12 hour work shifts – two weeks on and one week off. This schedule is subject to change depending on company and customer contracts. The nature of our business may require that the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s needs. This description is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
IDEA Drilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
REQUEST A BID
SPECIALISTS WITH OVER 100 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN EXPLORATION DRILLING