Job Title: Mechanic
Reports to: Shop Supervisor
Employee Type: non-exempt
Job Summary: Work with other mechanics, drillers, and helpers to repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul, construct, and maintain heavy duty mobile core drilling equipment and support equipment used within the scope of drilling operations.
• Maintenance and repair of core drills, pickup trucks, tractors, trailers, generators and other equipment, both in the shop and on the job site
• Operating forklifts, cats, backhoes and other equipment as needed
• Observe all safety and other requirements as outlined by the Company
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Other jobs assigned by Shop/Maintenance Foreman or Operations Manager
Education and Qualifications:
• General mechanics. Strong mechanical aptitude
• Technical reading aptitude (i.e. electronic service bulletins; repair manuals)
• Basic welding skills
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• These mechanics need to be able to read and understand basic instructions
• Mechanics should be able to take direction well, have strong decision-making skills, and possess basic math skills
• Class A or Class B Driver’s License, CDL license a plus
• They must have a strong knowledge of basic mechanics and be able to understand mechanical drawings
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools of controls, twist or reach to accomplish repairs, and talk or hear in a possibly noisy environment. The employee may be required to occasionally help to lift 75+ pounds. Mechanics need to be able to see clearly both up close and at far distances. General mechanics may be exposed to adverse weather conditions. They also may be exposed to dangerous situations and the risk of electric shock, and be surrounded by moving mechanical parts, toxic fumes, and caustic chemicals. Additionally, this work environment is typically loud and dirty.
Mechanics normally work a standard 40-hour workweek. However, IDEA Drilling is a 24/7 operation so overtime may be required.
The nature of our business may require that the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s needs. This description is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the position. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
IDEA Drilling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
REQUEST A BID
SPECIALISTS WITH OVER 100 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN EXPLORATION DRILLING